Monday, December 22, 2008

Taking It Back: Boomerang

I don't know what it is but I've always had a thing for black comedies. And I don't mean movies like "Dr. Strange Love" or "Rocky Horror Picture Show", I'm talking about funny movies that feature black African-American actors like Morris Chestnut or Taye Diggs. I know they reuse the same actors in those movies and usually have very similar premises, but they are always very entertaining. Anyway...I have been incapacitated for the last 3 days due to the fucking foot of snow outside. So what way to better entertain myself than to watch movies! I was pretty excited to see that they added an "African-American Comedies" genre in the Netflix kiosk.

P.S. This has nothing to do with the fact that my boyfriend is black...just in case you're wondering.

First on the list: Boomerang circa 1992! Boomerang is a defining movie of the 90's in terms of R&B music and fashion. If you haven't seen Boomerang in awhile, I suggest you take yourself back 16 years ago and rent the movie and download the soundtrack. Peep the music video below. Babyface and Toni Braxton in "Give You My Heart". Check out Toni's black mini dress with the cut out shoulders! I kinda need that dress right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha that's awesome netflix added that... i honestly never knew the appropriate way to describe this genre