Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Revisiting Coney Island: Photo Shoot With Kyle Johnson and Chris Nelson

I styled a photo shoot with my good friend/ photographer Kyle Johnson. The concept of the photo shoot was to showcase a 1940's-50's feel, hence the clothing used. The story I personally conjured from the shoot is this...a young girl is set to rendezvous with her lover (a soldier) at Coney Island. She's all dolled up in her Sunday's best, but he never shows up. She twiddles her thumbs, pulls on her necklace, and aimlessly stares at the clock. She waits and waits, but still no sign.


She's a classic beauty. A perfect face for pearls. Corset top from White House Black Market.

I was so stoked when I found this dress at Value Village for five dollars, in almost mint condition. A vintage 1950's dress with lovely ruffles. Fits her like a glove.

We thought we'd throw in the old world suitcase and the hat in there to add a more nostalgic feel to the set. Shoes are cheetah print and from BCBG. Meow!

Vintage chiffon top and high waisted Obey jeans. This is one of my favorite shots from the set taken with some old ass camera Kyle has.

One of my favorite tops from my very own closet. The color scheme of her outfit goes perfect with the backdrop. Success!

No comments: