Thursday, July 2, 2009

Afternoon Dreamers: Photo Shoot Collaboration with Kyle Johnson



Aside from styling I like to be a pat of the creative process. I like to put teams together, cast models, create concepts, etc. Some people like to wing it, but I believe pre-production is key. When I created the storyboard above I wanted to produce a shoot that was natural and platful. I wanted to included neutral tones with subtle pops of color and embraced nature and the essence of youth. I was inspired by a few things; feathers, leather, Little House on the Prairie, old Gunne Sax fashion, and the wonderful dynamic and friendship between girlfriends!

Models: Giselle of SMG/ Phoebe of JRP
Photographer: Kyle Johnson
Art Direction/Wardrobe Stylist: Osiris Navarro
Hair Stylist: Omar Willis of Gene Juarez
Makeup Artist: Calvy Tran
Assistants: Nicholas Bartoletti
Special Thanks: Moksha Clothing and Dolores Gill


Giselle is a natural in front of the camera.


Maxin and relaxin on a grassy knoll. One of my favorite diptychs.


I made this feather headpiece the night before. I thought the red feather would be a nice touch!


Daydreamers. I like to pair vintage pieces with current styles.


Weeping willows are so beautiful. They really set the mood!

No comments: