Thursday, July 9, 2009

Get It Girl: Mariel Haenn

I'm 25 years old, and I'm starting to feel like I need to make some serious hustler moves in the next 5 years to get to where I want to be in my career. But I don't see myself as an opportunist. I want to be the kind of girl who pays her dues, and gives respect to others before me. I guess I just want to make a little shout out/ recognition to Mariel Haenn. People always compliment Rihanna's outfits and how she looks on point, etc. Well people, you didn't think she dressed herself did you!

Check out her work at www.marielhaenn.com


I love the costume she designed for Ciara in the "Go Girl" video. Kinda like a sexy Terminator.



Love what she chose for Keri Hilson at the BET awards. I am not loving that hairstyle, but she had nothing to do with it!


Some critics weren't feeling this ensemble, but I thought it was cute. A bold statement, but what better place to get a little bold than the Met Gala. Also, Marc Jacobs was the host for the evening and since his latest collection is a tribute to the 1980's this was quite fitting. FYI.

No comments: