Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ford Supermodel of the World: Charlene Almarvez

Go Philippines! About a month ago Ford announced their 2009 winner for the Ford Supermodel of the World Contest, and the runner ups. Thousands of girls from across the world try out. Those who make the cut get to strut their stuff in NY Fashion Week. The winner was Karlina from Latvia (yawn), but #2 runner up was Charlene Almarvez...who in my opinion stood out from the bunch. Well, obviously...she's the only Asian model who made the cut, but she generated quite the buzz. It's like on American Idol, even though Jennifer Hudson was a runner up she's reaping in a whole lot of success. That's what I hope for Ms. Almarvez! It's very rare to see an Asian model book something huge in the mainstream fashion industry...let alone a Filipina so I'm stoked!



She doesn't have any tear sheets yet, but I'm hoping to see more of this beauty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She shot for V magazine with Stephen Gan on her 17th birthday (Jan 25).

Hey blogger/writer, check out New York if you really want more fashion writing/review gigs. I'm sure that will be more at home there. All the best...

Osiris Navarro said...

Thanks! I will try to get a hold of that spread! Also, my girl Emma Dumont from Seattle will be in V magazine! She won the V-supermodel contest. Will also be on the look out for that issue. New York sounds tempting and I forsee a relocation in my 5 year plan for sure. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

WOW! WHat a face! Philipinas are so beautiful!

- www.21Arrondissement.com