Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow White & The Golden Mirror: Photo Shoot with Kyle Johnson Feauturing Jennifer Marckx

I met Jennifer Marckx about a year and half ago and even though she hasn't done any formal modeling I always thought she had a stunning and an interesting look. However she moved away before I could book her for a photo shoot. Good news, she was in town for the holidays and we managed to do a quick shoot with Kyle Johnson. I usually like to have a more complete team with a makeup artist, hair stylist, but she came as she was on set, and we made it work! Jennifer is such a natural beauty and natural behind the camera, that it was just that easy! It started to rain in the middle of the shoot, so we seeked refuge beneath the trees. We really didn't have a concept in mind when we did this. I just had a bunch of random things in my car...ie; golden mirror, vintage suitcase, etc. Enjoy!


1940's one shoulder chiffon romper. I found this piece at a thrift store and have been dying to use it on a shoot. Finally!


I got this mirror from a quirky little Russian woman at a flea market.


The boots paired with the dress was sort of an accident, but it worked out!


This dress looked amazing on Jenn. 1940's chiffon free flowing dress.

Photographer: Kyle Johnson
Wardrobe Stylist: Osiris Navarro
Assistant: Ryan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shoot, O!

- www.21Arrondissement.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome shoot in deed.

Osiris Navarro said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

This is probably my favorite shoot, Osiris. Love, love, love the one with the boots.

bobbie yanoupeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bobbie yanoupeth said...

i love how you just had these things in the back of you car!!!! i love it. u made it work sweetie!!!! killing it!

Osiris Navarro said...

Bobbbie...I keeps it hobolicious!